Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flynn, Krista and Laynie

I have not posted for several days for good reason - actually, I can't think of a better one. Flynn, Krista and Laynie came to visit me here in NYC and got here on Weds. night - late. We got to bed late and Laynie woke up early so we were off with not a full amount of sleep behind us. We walked to Central Park, went to the zoo and the children's zoo, the Apple store, FAO Schwarz and pooped out so we walked home. I was so tired, I skipped my drawing class (ah, darn) but it was so worth it to go to sleep at 9! It was a beautiful Fall day but rain hit us later as we walked a block to a great Italian restaurant for dinner.


Friday we decided to head to the Museum of Natural History which was great fun! Laynie did great walking around all day - we even pushed it and headed to Grand Central Station for dinner and 'the sampling of the cupcakes'. If you are ever in Grand Central downstairs in the dining hall, head to the Magnolia Bakery - their stuff won hands down in our cupcake contest! Laynie is sleeping with me on the futon, which makes for some interesting nights but she did especially well last night and it's SO stinkin' fun waking up and seeing that adorable little face so close to mine!
Saturday we had a late start, found a great bagel place, a Starbucks' and a Gap, went back to the apartment where I gathered up my painting class stuff and off I went for 6 hours of that. Flynn and family headed to Times Square and Rockafeller Center and we met up for dinner just a block away at the Asian Grill which is famous for their Phad Thai - $9.00 and it was GREAT! Laynie ate more of that than I've seen her eat the entire trip! She is laying in bed in the dark, next to Flynn at this moment talking to herself to try to stay awake - then I hear, 'Hi Grandma" and it's really, really hard not to turn to her and smile. I must not look. We spend the rest of the evening in the dark being very quiet hoping not to wake her up.


1 comment:

  1. Oh How fun!! Flynn looks especially handsome in those new glasses! Krista looks happy and pregnant and that little girl is to die for! Lucky you!! The original "Magnolia Bakery" is on 11th and Bleeker just steps from my house there! They're awesome! Wait until the fall specials start...like pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete