Saturday, October 16, 2010

Painting Class IV

I left Flynn & Krista to head to Oil Painting and there I spent the full 4 hours painting. I didn't take ONE break - this is such a huge canvas and there is so much to get done. As you can see, there is still bare canvas and much left to do but this was the last day to work on this painting. Darn.

Today I learned that not only was I supposed to start at one place on the outside of the 'focal point' to paint, but as I went, I was supposed to be VERY careful about the color, the intensity and the place I put the paint. I wasn't just supposed to start at the door, go to the floor, go to the rug, then to the model's foot, etc. - I was supposed to actually put the right paint down all along th
e way. I was just trying to get there - to the model. It's a hard thing to do. I ended up with empty spaces to go back and fill in with better detail - with what was actually THERE. I discovered it was in these details of what was actually there, that made the painting so interesting. I am thinking there shouldn't be a bit of painting that isn't beautiful to look at. I need about 6 weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment