Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Shopping

I headed out today to buy a blanket. This apartment came with one thing besides a sheet on the bed - a big, heavy, fat, hot comforter. When I first got here, I took the comforter out of the cover and just used that - basically, 2 sheets sewed together. Now, it's cool enough out that I switched it for the comforter minus the cover. I have to leave the window open enough to cool the place down to be able to use it, but Flynn & Krista are coming in a couple days so that means someone will be cold and someone will be hot. Maybe, if they are reading this, they will find room in their bags to bring a blanket with them...

I left at 11:00, walked 3 blocks and found a purse. After much consideration, I walked out without it. It didn't take long before I found this incredible long, curly haired sheep vest - 10% off! When that didn't clinch the sale, the girl pulled out a $50 coupon. Again - mercy! - I walked out without it. Five hours later, I had returned more than I bought and I was really really hungry, so I went home at 7:00 and ate cold chicken and cole slaw leftovers in my fridge - heck! I didn't even buy dinner! I am awesome.

I never did find a blanket. Hot again tonight and I'll try again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment