Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nancy IN New York

Here I am again - Sunday night - and I flew back here today. I am dragging. I am not particularly excited to be here and am trying to figure out why. I spent the last week in Pasco working on plans to remodel the old Super Lube building but didn't get very far at all. I'm not sure what's happening with the architect, but she is taking forever to do anything and I was hoping to go home this past week and get things lined up to start tearing into it while I was gone. Now I am simply going to see how long it takes her to get me just a DRAWING of the outside so I can make up a 4'x8' sign board with the new exterior on it and continue to try to get someone to rent it seeing what it COULD look like. Probably a better idea.

Then I made the mistake of hearing about and checking out a monster of a house that was left half done that I had seen a year ago. It's about 20,000 square feet and the father, who was building it, died and left his 6 grown sons with the thing. A year ago, or more, they had visions of lots of money. Now, a year later, and no sale they are asking about $250,000 as is. Now THIS is a great deal and something that is so enticing to me - it would keep me busy for literally, YEARS. There is someone ahead of me interested and EVERYTHING in me says to forget it. I just finished MY house and I can finally relax, enjoy it and quit pouring money into it. I figure I can sell my house and simply spend what I get for my house on this one and be even. My house is in the perfect location and this one, though it has 5 acres, is not. No river in sight. But the chance to design and finish off 20,000 square feet and not have it cost any more than what I have now? Actually, 4,000 of that is a giant indoor swimming pool that needs tile work but everything else is there, so the house is only 16,000 and then I'd knock off half of the upstairs (there goes another 2,000). I mean, I'm down to 14,000 and STILL can't imagine how much it will cost to clean it. I can't help but imagine where my bed would be...

Then, I spent a lot of time with Flynn and Krista and Laynie, which is the best and went to dinner with my friend Marsha and I don't yell at Shawn nearly as much as I did before I left - life is GOOD at home! I'm so glad. My dogs were even great!

I know, when tomorrow comes and I've had a good night of sleep (which I'm sorely lacking) and it's time for my sculpture class and walking is the better part of the day and the opportunities of the Guggenheim and the Met (BOTH of which I have not even seen yet this trip) it will all come back. Why I'm here. I've got 4 uninterrupted weeks before heading to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. Then it's only 2 more weeks and classes end. Hmmm, that's not long at all. No time to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment