Friday, October 29, 2010

Walking, walking, walking, walking

So walking I did. Tuesday I walked from my apartment on E. 64th St. to Macy's on 34th St. I think that's about 20 miles. It took me 7 hours, with some stopping, looking, exchanging all along the way. I would say I exhibited a lot of self control but when I get home and see what I already have and the very few things I bought - nah. I simply LOVE the walking around here. It took my legs and my feet a little getting used to but this will be one of the things I miss most about living here. Everything is SO accessible, it is SO easy to walk to mail a package, buy some cereal, jeans or a very expensive designer purse (unfortunately). I will have a few pair of new shoes and boots when I get home - and none of them will have high heels, believe me!

Here are a couple photos I took with my phone on the way
home that night. This is pretty typical for nights around here in the Fall - misty, humid but so very warm (I didn't even wear a sweater!). Oh, and if you're wondering about my hair, it remains straight and smooth - not a frizz in sight. Wow.

I am really sorry about the layout here. These photos have a mind of their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment